1. Most races and fun runs are full of hot bodies in very little clothing. Let me repeat that: HOT PEOPLE. WEARING PRACTICALLY NOTHING. Wear sunglasses, and ogle with reckless abandon.
2. You can lose weight by drinking nothing but hot water with lemon. Or you can run for an hour, treat yourself to a cookie and still fit into your skinny jeans. One of these options makes you bitchy; the other makes you rad.
3. Take your iPod with you, and your runs suddenly become a safe place to indulge your love of boy-band music. With enough practice, you can even blend in a couple dance moves from ‘Bye Bye Bye’. Don’t lie: You’ve still got that routine memorized.
4. When your boss, your melodramatic friend and your nagging to-do list won’t leave you alone, calmly put on your running shoes and head out the door. They won’t follow you. It’s a safer alternative to storming out with both middle fingers in the air (though you can -and should- still do this in your head, just for spectacular effect).
5. You’ll discover lululemon pants are good for more than just buying tampons and Cheez-its at Target (I know, ladies. My world was rocked with that discovery, too.).
6. Running is the last place you have to “be a lady.” Sweat, snot and sneaking behind a bush to pee is not only liberating it’s fun, in that giggly-childish-naughty kind of way.
7. Getting a run in before happy hour means you get tipsy on half a glass of wine instead of your usual two. That’s not being a lush, that’s just sound economic planning.
8. Studies have shown that runners have better sex. Sex counts as a cross-training workout, which in turn makes you a better runner, which – hello! – leads to even better sex. Really, the whole thing is full of win-wins.
9. Girls are lucky; there’s an entire industry committed to making us look awesome while getting our sweat on. Workout clothes come in all sorts of cool colors and designs. Jockstraps, on the other hand, will always be ugly with questionable stains.
10. Non-runners will sit on the couch and call you crazy. Those folks, sadly, will never learn what their bodies are capable of. You, on the other hand, will die knowing you completely, totally, unabashedly used up the body that was loaned to you. That’s not crazy. That’s freakin’ awesome.
My body seems to be progressing on it’s own now. It’s really odd, i know i’m working fairly hard but i’d been off track for a while yet i seem to have just dropped body fat faster than ever before. I can’t ever believe i thought I wasn’t capable or that my body was too fucked up that i couldn’t…
Also, did I mention…
I’ve never felt so fat on holiday. Oh I could cry.
I’ve literally never felt so low, I can’t go into it because the last 3 weeks have all accumulated to it. Going on holiday with my ex was unexplainable, the biggest mixture of emotions I’ve ever felt and now coming home and knowing I’ll never see him again. I don’t know how to feel motivated. I haven’t eaten well since the start of the holiday (the 5th) or done a tiny bit of exercise. I haven’t even unpacked my suitcase. My room is such a tip I can’t open the door. I haven’t done any of the things I need to this summer. I pretty much cry everytime I look at our tagged facebook photos on my wall. So currently, I’m getting drunk most nights and waking up 12ish, watching shit films with my best friend and eating the biggest pile of crap, then the cycle repeats itself. I’m finally back on here and going to try and motivate myself, I want to better myself over the next few days not just with health but with all the schoolwork and stuff I need to do.